Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Great White Hype

I live in Washington DC...The cradle of democracy. We house the most powerful man in world as well as movers and shakers that shape the world we live in.

With that being said, we also house some of the WORST drivers in the world.

I grew up in New York and learned to drive on the mean streets of Queens, Manhatten and Long Island. Presently I drive for a living. I once made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. I've outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers mind you, I'm talking about the big Corellian ships... Sorry... Got lost there for a second...

Here's the kicker... Its was snowing yesterday and icey-raining today... Snow in DC exponentially makes things worse.

Granted, we live below the mason-dixon line, but for crying out loud this isn't Mississippi where we get snow once a decade... We get snow every year and as soon as one flake falls EVERYTHING shuts down.

God forbid we ever get more than 2 inches of snow, every kid in the region would have to be left back because they'd miss a month of school.

It's SNOW. It's not frogs, locusts or brimstone. We don't need to put blood over out doorways in the hope the 10th plague passes over us.

All I'm saying is man up DC. Yes, women too. Grab your coats and mittens, take a deep breath, and stop driving like you're the only one on the road.

1 comment: