Monday, January 26, 2009

What is a Thirty-Nothing?!?!?

Hello.

I'm Stephen and a Thirty-nothing.

I can remember growing up and there was a show on ABC called 'thirtysomething.' I never watched an episode of it because I was probably about 9 when it was on. I do remember that it was relativly popular bucause it was about suburban upper middle class white people living their yuppie lives. They had good careers, a couple kids and the guy from Revenge of the Nerds who played Poindexter. There was melodrama, but it that was the point of the show - people in their 30s having real problems.

I remember thinking 30 was so old, until I got there... Good god, I'm a thirtysomething.

But then I though about it for a while... I'm actually a thirty nothing. I have a job, but not a career. I have a college degree, but am not smart. I have intrests, but no hobbies. I do things well, but I'm not great at anything.

Right now there are thirtysomethings that are curing cancer, being business mogules, defending our freedoms and making a difference in our world today... Right now I'm sitting in a hospital waiting room waiting for blood to be radiated so I can drive it back to another hospital. Long story, you'll learn more about me.

Slacker? Probably.
Underacheiver? Probably.
Happy? Most of the time.
Skewed sense of reality? Yeppers.
Ready with a sarcastic zing? You betcha.
Cynical? Ten-4.

Thirty-nothing? Most definitely...

No comments:

Post a Comment