Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hitler vs Hanson... You Decide

There were two "news" stories that caught my eyes and ears today and I can't tell which I find more disturbing... I'll let you judge:

Story 1:

It was revealed today that Adolph Hitler had bad manners. In documents recently discovered, Hitler had bad dinner manners, a digestive disorder, and very rarely paid attention to conversations. Jeez... if you didn't already have a reason to hate the guy...

I just would have like to have seen this scene leaving a Hitler dinner party:

Gunter: Man, can you believe Hitler? He just ignored us though dinner.
Rolf: And he just sat there eating cake... I think I heard his stomach rumbling.
Gunter: If he invites us over again, I'm going to refuse.
Rolf: Well... its just Hitler being Hitler.
Gunter: Kinda hard to say no to Hitler, isn't it?
Rolf: Don't worry, we'll figure out a final solution.
Gunter: Want to get a Lowenbrau?
Rolf: Schnell mein fruend!

Story 2:

There have been "super rock groups" like Velvet Revolver, Temple of the Dog and AudioSlave. Now in that same token (kind of) I give you - Tinted Windows.

What is Tinted Windows you may ask... I submit that it may be the most bizarre collection of musicians forming a band ever. It includes:

Guitarist from Smashing Pumpkins
Bassist from Fountains of Wayne
Drummer from Cheap Trick 
and...
Taylor Hanson (yes, umm bob Hanson)

Even more shocking is that they already have an album in the can and slated for a spring release. 

I literally have no idea what to expect from them. I do know, however, I can't wait for their rival group "Drawn Curtains" featuring guitarist from Toad the Wet Sprocket, bassist from Archers of Loaf, drummer from REO Speedwagon and one of the Nelsons.

1 comment:

  1. "Tinted Windows" is such a perfectly unexciting name for a rock band. It reminds me of Stephen Merchant talking about the time he saw a band called "Loose Change."

    ReplyDelete