Friday, February 13, 2009

What Happend to the Day Dream?

Is it wrong that I want my daughter to be a day dreamer?

I was listening to the radio and heard an ad for an electronics liquidation sale this weekend. One of the items that caught my ear was personal DVD players - $49. I feel like these are marketed to parents to distract their kids... Especially in cars.

I used to sell cars. We'll say this car company rhymes with Shmonda. One of the selling points we would hammer home (for just 2 grand more) was the DVD players in mini-vans and SUVs "to keep those little whipper snappers in line and distracted."

I'll admit one of the worst things on the world is sitting in traffic with an unhappy baby... But there's a flip side to that coin... I love peaking in my rear view mirror watching Sophia watching the world go by when we're moving. Sure, the wiggles are playing on radio but you make sacrifices for you kids.

The point is that I want Sophia to see the world go by, question what it is, and be interested and dream about being out there.... Besides... There's plenty of time for Bob the Builder at home...

1 comment:

  1. You better get Sophie reading and not about zombies.

    ReplyDelete